Cerro Coso OneCard!
- All students receive a OneCard student ID
- Register your OneCard to choose your Financial Aid disbursement option.
- *Students with MasterCard/USbank logo can use OneCard as debit card
*Due to federal regulations, only students taking an onsite class at the Ridgecrest campus with the US Bank ATM will receive a OneCard with the MasterCard / US Bank logo.
2013-2014 Terms of Agreement for all financial aid funding.
Please read this important notice on your financial aid.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Summer 2014 Pell Grant
Pell Grant eligibility for Summer 2014 will be determined by using any remaining Pell Grant eligibility from the 2013-14 award year. For example, if you were paid for full-time enrollment Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 you received 100% of your awards for 2013-14 then you have no remaining eligibility for Summer Grant payments.
Students who have remaining eligibility for 2013-14 Pell Grant must come to our office or call at (760) 384-6221 for information. Summer payment is contingent upon enrollment in eligible units and maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Summer Payment Request Form
What is Financial Aid
Financial aid consists of funds awarded to students to help meet their educational expenses. It can also provide students with the opportunity to earn money to help cover their expenses.
There are several types of aid offered at Cerro Coso College which are funded from federal and state agencies and private organizations. The major categories are:
- SCHOLARSHIPS - Awards based on scholastic achievement and other criteria. These awards do not require repayment.
- GRANTS - Awards based upon financial need. They do not require repayment.
- LOANS - Awards which must be repaid, usually after leaving school. Most loans have low interest rates.
- WORK STUDY - Opportunity to earn money for school through part-time employment.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
There are many opportunities for funding your education. All students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal Application at FAFSA on the Web every year. Applying online is fast and easy.
Before you begin to apply - Important things to remember:
- The Cerro Coso Title IV Federal School Code (010111) must be entered on your FAFSA so that your information will be transmitted to us electronically.
- Apply for a pin at www.pin.ed.gov to sign electronically. Note parents of dependent students must also apply for a pin.
Apply for the Board of Governors Grant Fee Waiver (BOGW)
2013-2014 School Year
- Eligibility Requirements
- 2013-2014 (Fall 2013 - Summer 2014) BOGW Application
- Solicitud de Exención de Cuotas de Inscripción de la Junta de Gobernadores de los Colegios 2013-2014 (Fall 2013 - Summer 2014)
Mail BOGW Fee Waiver to:
Financial Aid & Scholarships Office
Cerro Coso Community College
3000 College Heights Blvd.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
If you still have questions after reviewing our website we encourage you to review our Financial Aid Handbook, which has detailed information about the Financial Aid Program and Resources at Cerro Coso Community College.