C6 Accelerated Programs
Cerro Coso currently offers the following C6 Accelerated Programs:
- Accelerated Welding Program
- Medical Assisting Tracks that include Administrative Medical Assisting or Clinical Medical Assisting
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide
- Fast Track Licensed Vocational Nursing Program
These programs are funded through a Department of Labor grant called the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Programs (TAACCCT programs) and the Central California Community Colleges Committed to Change (C6) Consortium.
To enroll in an accelerated program, call and make an appointment at the Counseling Department (760) 384-6219.
All students enrolled in a C6 program must complete the following forms, sign, and return the forms prior to beginning their program. There may be additional forms required for individual C6 programs.
Instructions for completing C6 program paperwork.
Complete the required C6 program information following the instructions below. If you have any questions regarding any form, please contact the appropriate counseling staff as listed below. Providing this information, including a social security number (SSN) is voluntary: failure to disclose a SSN will not result in the denial of any right, benefit or privilege to which you are entitled to as a program participant.
- Program Application. Fill in all required fields of information. Sign and date after reading conditions of enrollment in Accelerated program.
- Student Profile. Fill in all fields of information except Pre-WorkKeys scores, Previous cohort, Class Name, Course duration, Course Hours. Sign and date. The Cohort Start date is the first day of class for your C6 course.
- Employment Information. Fill in SSN#, Name, and employer information if you are currently employed. If not employed, leave employer information blank.
- Universal Voluntary Authorization to Release Information. Carefully read the information on the form. Fill in name, SSN#. Sign and date.
- Equal Opportunity Disclosure. Carefully read the information on both pages. Sign and date.
- Nepotism Statement. Carefully read information. Complete section one if you are related to any college staff member or a Kern County elected official by filling in their name, relationship and their employer. Sign and date. Complete section two if you are not related to anyone that you are aware of who works for the college or an elected Kern County official. Sign and date. (Note: Disclosure of a relative working at the college or related to a Kern County official does not mean you are disqualified to participate in the C6 program.)
- Privacy Information. Carefully read information. Sign and date.
- Applicant Statement. Fill in name and SSN #. Under "I declare that", write a personal statement regarding why you have a financial need in order to participate in the program using one of the three following examples: I (name) declare that I was laid off from (previous employer) as a (previous job title) on (date of lay off). I do not plan on returning to my previous employer and/or industry. OR I (name) declare that I am unemployed at this time. OR I (name) declare that I am employed at this time and attending this training to upgrade my skills and wage. Be sure to sign, date, and fill in complete address.
After completing all forms, please print, sign and date. Signed forms can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to Terri White at (760) 375-4776, or returned to your site counseling staff listed below.
If you have any questions please contact the following counseling staff at your site:
|Kim Blackwell||Ridgecrest/IWV||(760) 384-6219|
|Greg Kost||ESCC Mammoth Lakes||(760) 924-1604|
|ESCC Bishop||(760) 872-5316|
|Reese Weltman||Kern River Valley||(760) 379-6808|