High Tech Center
All DSPS students are eligible for using assistive technology software and hardware in the HTC lab. Questions regarding eligibility should be directed to the High Tech Center.
- Staff on duty monitors the use of all equipment in the High Tech Center.
- Computer workstations and assistive technology equipments are available on first-come, first-served basis unless you have scheduled time on a computer.
- If you have scheduled computer time, be prompt. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you may lose your scheduled time for that day.
- Students are not allowed to take food and/or drink into High Tech Center lab.
- The lab telephone is for college business only.
- Please report any malfunction of equipment to the lab assistant on duty and do not attempt to correct equipment malfunctions by yourself.
- Game playing is not allowed.
- Copying college software is a violation of federal copyright laws.
- You may not load your own software on college computers.
- The High Tech Center may not be used for business or private activities.
- Children are not allowed in the High Tech Center at any time.
- The High Tech Center staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about how to access and use assistive technology. Specific questions about class assignments should be addressed to your instructor. The staff is here to assist you in completing your project or assignment by using assistive technology, not do them for you.
- High Tech Center lab time is 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Thursday, and 8:00am to 12:00pm on Friday. Summer Schedule is 7:00AM to 6:00PM Monday through Thursday, Friday closed.