- Non-Repeatable Credit
- MATERIALS FEE:
- CREDIT BY EXAM:
- CORE MISSION APPLICABILITY:
- Associate Degree Applicable (AA/AS);Certificate of Achievement (COA);CSU Transfer;Career Technical Education (CTE)
Vocational Nursing (AS Degree Program)
Vocational Nursing Cert (Certificate of Achievement)
GENERAL EDUCATION APPLICABILITY
- UC Transfer Course:
- CSU Transfer Course:
California State University, Bakersfield =
California State University, Dominguez Hills =
California State University, Fresno =
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to
- Take and record on clients with 100% accuracy vital signs.
- Perform successful catherization on male and/or female client.
- Perform successful nasogastric tube insertion on client.
- Take and record with 100% accuracy Blood Glucose Finger-stick.
- Demonstrate medication withdrawal and administration with 100% accuracy in the skills lab.
DETAILED TOPICAL OUTLINE:
See attached Instructional Plan as mandated by the BVNPT.
METHODS OF INSTRUCTION--Course instructional methods may include but are not limited to
- Case Study;
- Group Work;
- Guest Lecturers;
- Informational Interviews;
- Instruction through examination or quizzing;
- Job Shadowing;
- Outside reading;
- Peer analysis, critique & feedback;
- Peer-to-peer instruction;
- Presentations (by students);
- Problem Solving;
- Project-based learning;
- Skills Development and Performance;
- Written work;
OUT OF CLASS ASSIGNMENTS: Out of class assignments may include but are not limited to
1. Case Studies: Students will discuss client scenarios and apply critical thinking to client treatment.
2. Care Plans: Written plans of health care with goals and outcomes.
3. Group presentations, for example, teaching peers about clotting factors of blood.
4. Critical thinking exercises.
Note: Sample Care Plan, Medication Cards attached.
METHODS OF EVALUATION: Assessment of student performance may include but is not limited to
TEXTS, READINGS, AND MATERIALS: Instructional materials may include but are not limited to
deWit, Susan. (2009) Medical Surgical Nursing, , Saunders Elsevier
- METHOD OF DELIVERY:
- Face to face;
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Vocational Nursing;
- Origination Date
- Last Outline Revision
- Curriculum Committee Approval
- Board of Trustees
- State Approval
- UC Approval
- UC Approval Status
- CSU Approval
- 30 = Spring 2013
- CSU Approval Status
- IGETC Approval
- IGETC Approval Status
- CSU GE Approval
- CSU GE Approval Status
- Data Element Changes
- Data Justification
- For alignment with BC and other colleges in the region in support of the C6 grant
- Course Element Changes
- Course Change Justification
- Course ID (CB00)
- TOP Code (CB03)
- 1230.20 - Licensed Vocational Nursi;
- Course Credit Status (CB04)
- D - Credit - Degree Applicable;
- Course Transfer Status (CB05)
- B = Transferable to CSU only
- Course Units of Credit Maximum High (CB06):
- Course Units of Credit Minimum Low (CB07):
- Course Basic Skills (BS) Status (CB08):
- N = Course is not a basic skills course.
- SAM Code (CB09):
- C = Occupational;
- Cooperative Education Course Status (CB10):
- Not part of Coop Work Exp;
- Course Classification Code (CB11):
- Career-Technical Education;
- Course Special Status (CB13):
- N - Not Special;
- CAN Code (CB14):
- CAN-Code Seq (CB15):
- Course Prior to College Level (CB21):
- Not Applicable;
- Course Non-Credit Category (CB22):
- Not Applicable, Credit Course;
- Funding Agency Category (CB23):
- Not Applicable
- Course Program Status (CB24):
- 1 - Program Applicable;