Student Moodle Guide
Updating Your Moodle Profile
It's a good idea to verify that the information in your Moodle Profile is accurate and corresponds with your preferences. Also, check the Timezone to make sure that it is set to the appropriate Timezone that you are in (if you are unsure, you can use America/Los Angeles, or Server's Local Time). If your Timezone is wrong, the due dates and quiz close times will be wrong and you could miss it. Another thing many students like to do, although it is not required, is to add a picture to their profile. Below we explain how to verify your name and add a picture to your profile:
- Once you're logged in to your class click on Profile in the left-hand AdministratioN box.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Verify your name. This comes directly from Banner, so you cannot change it unless you initiate a change with Admissions & Records to change your name with the school.
- Scroll down to the Picture section.
- Click the Browse button and locate a picture that is appropriate for a college class (Note: the picture must be in JPG or PNG format).
- The picture will be cropped to a size of 100 pixels square, so the best pictures are usually close ups of your face.
- Once you've selected your picture click the Update Profile button at the bottom.
- If you don't see a change click the Reload/Refresh button on your browser to reload the page.
There are some advanced settings you can also set in your profile. To see these advanced settings, while you're in the Edit Profile area, click the Show Advanced button. One very useful advanced setting is the Forum tracking. If you select Yes highlight new posts for me, then after you've read a discussion post it will be marked as read, and any new posts will show up highlighted the next time you login. If you are unsure of what a feature does, you can click the question-mark button to be given more information. Any changes you make to your profile can be changed again later.