Welding Processes Certificate of Achievement (12 units): This certificate provides a focus on the major welding and cutting processes for building or upgrading skills and is also a foundation for the two-year degree.
Complete each course to be applied toward the certificate with a grade of "C" or better. Complete a minimum of 12 units in residence at Cerro Coso Community College.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be able to
- Demonstrate competency in major welding processes used in industry.
- Apply welding processes and the use of hand tools and shop equipment to fabricate projects.
- Accurately fabricate items from technical drawings using appropriate math skills.
- Apply and practice workplace safety policies and procedures while learning welding and related skills.
- Ridgecrest Indian Wells Valley Campus [Certificate Pathway]
Note: Some courses within the major may have a required prerequisite. If you feel you have equivalent knowledge and skills to those included in the prerequisite course through professional experience, licensure, or certification, you have the opportunity to submit a Prerequisite Challenge to be reviewed by the faculty chair. For the Prerequisite Challenge to be considered, you must submit documentation/verification to substantiate the basis for the challenge. Please consult a counselor for more information regarding Prerequisite Challenge.
Complete all of the following courses:
|WELD C101||Oxyacetylene Welding||3 Units|
|WELD C102||Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)||2|
|WELD C200||Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)||2|
|WELD C201||Welding Fabrication||3|
|WELD C203||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)||2|